The NSS Board of Governors (BOG) will be in Denver for their meeting 10/20-10/22. There will be a meet & greet party at Rick & Gaylene’s house on Friday. The meeting is at their shop Saturday starting at 9AM. After the meeting there is traditionally a party or dinner of some sort. This year Mary’s HUGE annual Halloween party will be a week early so that we can really show the BOG a good time after their long day of meetings! All of these events are open to any interested cavers.
But – we also need volunteers to pull it all off…
1) We need help picking people up from the airport and delivering them to wherever they’ll be staying
2) We need volunteers to open their homes to host our out of town guests (so that volunteer group #1 above has a place to deliver our guests!)
3) We need people to drive our guests around town – to the meet & greet, to the meeting, to the party, etc
4) We need people to help setup the shop for the meeting before it starts
5) We need help cleaning up the shop after the meeting
6) We need help getting people from the shop to the party
7) We need help setting up for the party
8) We need help cleaning up after the party (that’s usually a day after job and there will be pancakes and bacon!)
9) We need help getting everyone back to the airport
10) I haven’t heard any talk of caving. Do any of our guests need help getting underground while they’re here!?